Knowing how long bunnies usually love will help you know how best to take care of them and what to do to ensure that they live that long or more. Here we have discussed essential things you need to know about the lifespan of a pet rabbit.
How Do I Keep My Rabbit Healthy?
Keeping a rabbit healthy entails doing what you can to meet the needs of your little friend emotionally, physically, and health-wise.
Here is what you need to help your rabbits live longer lives:
- Keep cages clean.
- Ensure they always visit a veterinarian.
- Ensure your bunnies are kept in large cages
- Provide them with adequate nutrition and exercise.
- Spay or neuter your rabbit to avoid them from getting uterine tumors.
- When sick ensure you provide adequate care and medication if need be.
- Also, provide your bunnies with specific first for their growth such as clean timothy hay or dried grass for healthy teeth.
- Avoid fresh grass and carrots, they harm your rabbit and impair their digestion.
- Provide them with what to chew on regularly to prevent them from having overgrown teeth. If this happens the pointy teeth can damage your rabbit’s mouth which may lead to death due to starvation.
Read Also: Outdoor Cat Vs Indoor Cat: Health and Safety
How Long Do Bunnies Usually Live?
Rabbits in the wild face constant stress and predator attacks which limits how long they tend to live. Domestic bunnies on the other hand have regular access to food and safe places to hide which make them live up to 8 to 12 years.
However, how long bunnies tend to live will depend on the breed. Just like dogs, different rabbit breeds have different lifespans.
For instance, large rabbit breeds, dwarf breeds, and purebred rabbits live for a short period of time while mixed breeds tend to live longer than the above mentioned breeds.
Hence why it is seen that a large purebred rabbit may live up to 10 years, while a mixed-breed dwarf rabbit may only live 8.
Can Bunnies Live Up To 20 Years?
Most pet bunnies can live to be 8 years old and some 12 years. Going 20 years can be possible but there is no record that rabbits can live that long.
Are Rabbits Happier Inside Or Outside?
Happiness for rabbits depends on their personality and breed. Bunnies they are refrained, nervous and less sociable will prefer an Indoor lifestyle while those who love all eyes to be on them are more comfortable with an outdoor life.
Can Rabbits Be Left Alone For 8 Hours?
Rabbits are not known to be independent animals therefore it’s not ideal for you to let them be on their own for more than two days. If you have to, ensure they have everything they need, so you can spend time away from home without worrying too much about their health.
What Kills Rabbits Fast?
Poisons are the substances that kill rabbits like the speed of light. The most commonly used rabbit poison that kills bunnies faster is called Pindone.
What Is The Oldest Rabbit That Has Ever Lived?
According to Guinness World Records, the oldest rabbit to ever live was a wild-born rabbit named Flopsy, who was slightly over 18 years old when he passed. Most rabbits don’t make it that long, so to have a teenage rabbit is quite the achievement as a pet owner.
How long bunnies live is dependent on how well fed they are, if they’re getting the adequate nutrients, if they’re living in a healthy and clean environment and how well taken care of they are. If all these are in place, you pet can live as long as Flopsy or more.
- https://www.thesprucepets.com/ – How Long Do Pet Rabbits Live?
- https://pets.webmd.com/ – How Long Do Rabbits Live As Pets?